Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My K Cup Coffee Fascination

My K Cup Coffee Fascination seems to continue without much prodding from me.  I'm ordering my usual brands and enjoying them but I never really stopped to think about how k cups actually work.

To me they look like those individual coffee creams from my childhood, only bigger.  But I have to give props to Keurig for this fascinating little device.  Take a look:

K Cup Coffee

So technically this instant coffee isn't really instant coffee because the coffee is being brewed inside the K cup.  Obviously it only works in a special brewer but the process is very impressive.

When you press Brew, the seal is broken and pressurized water mixes with the coffee and forces its way through the filter into your coffee cup.  That's the basics of real brewing but just on a tiny scale.

Who knew?